Thursday, September 12

Thinking about . . .

While washing piles of dishes because the dishwasher is on the fritz, today I listened to a podcast that posed questions I've tried to answer for myself since I was a little girl. 

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Or phrased differently as a reflection of that same question . . .

If I had to work each day, but food and shelter were taken care of, what would I choose to spend my time working at? 

If I believe I am an immortal being living a mortal experience, what will heaven be like such that all that "time" available would make it "heaven."

So then, what "work" that I do now would best correlate to an eternal "work". And I'm not just talking about the day to day maintenance of my littles that I love so much. Some people find their creative heaven flows in this endeavor, but that has not necessarily been my typical experience. But I have some work to do on that score because I believe it could be.

What turns my brain on to its most creative wave length? What endeavor is worth stepping out of my comfort zone because the risk is worth the potential gain?

It's fun to consider and re-evaluate daily time and priorities in this light.

I was laughing at a thought I had today. Looking at the correspondence and conversations I have had recently, I realized that hands down, the majority have been with people twice my age or older. I've grown up with adults who know me well telling me I'm an old soul.