Tuesday, December 1

Land of Misfit clothes?

Is there a Land of Misfit clothing near the Land of Misfit Toys from the classic Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer movie!? If so, I need the location for my GPS, stat!

I think I might be a clothing hoarder.

Today I put four loads of laundry to fold on my bed. Then I went and sorted another eight-ish loads into their proper baskets while there was a load in the washer and another in the dryer. And yet there's various clean clothes in everyone's rooms, we're not going naked at the moment. Like any other mom, I feel like I'm always doing laundry and yet the dirty clothes baskets still seem to overflow. Now, I'm talking in terms of my German smaller washing machine loads which are smaller than stateside machines. Oh joy.

I have a few "go to" outfits for the kids and myself, but the rest is either real worn hand-me-downs and/or not exciting. [I happen to have grown up loving hand-me-downs from cousins and friends. Sometimes there were great treasures!] I hang on to them because I like to have play clothes that I don't care about. But how much is too much?! Do most people cap off at allotted numbers of certain items and I just missed the memo? Entirely, totally possible. [I know I missed the day in kindergarten when they taught kids right from left. I distinctly remember coming to school one day and a number of kids all of sudden had this skill set I didn't. It haunts me to this day. And Easton all of sudden knows his right from left now without my help. At least he's been spared!]

But what do you do with clothing that isn't good enough to sell or you're just not the selling type? (ie. non-confrontational probably to a fault) I currently have a big box of kids clothes to get rid of. It's size has grown now to a Large box that is not easy to carry. But it's been present and growing since we got here. Almost a year. In the kids' room. An ugly box. I was the same way in the states. I have a hard time getting it out the door. Same with a box of books I need to drop somewhere.

Direction? Anyone? Do you have a copy of the memo I missed or the GPS address for the Land of Misfit clothes? What's your system?