Monday, December 2

My friend's sweet testimony

With her mom's permission I share this. My friend has been coming to church and investigating the LDS church for a year now. Her 8 year old daughter gave her first talk in Senior Primary yesterday and it is beautiful! I am so proud of her, she was so brave. In sacrament meeting, she asked me if she was talking in Sacrament Meeting or in Primary. She was good either way! I admit her mother and I did guide her with three questions and I helped add intro/transitions to the scriptures she begins with but this is the assigned topic and some of the scriptures for this week in December from the 2013 Outline for Sharing Time.


Prophets foretold that Jesus Christ would come to earth.

The Old Testament prophet Isaiah said:
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.”

The Book of Mormon prophet Nephi said:
“And it came to pass that I saw the heavens open; and an angel came down and stood before me; and he said unto me: Nephi, what beholdest thou? And I said unto him: A virgin, most beautiful and fair above all other virgins. . . And I looked and beheld the virgin again, bearing a child in her arms.”

Another Book of Mormon prophet, King Benjamin said:
And he shall be called aJesus bChrist, the cSon of God, the dFather of heaven and earth, the eCreator of all things from the beginning; and his fmother shall be called Mary.”

And the prophet Abinadi
“And now Abinadi said unto them: I would that ye should understand that aGod himself shall bcome down among the children of men, and shall credeem his people.”

Jesus was the creator of earth and Mary must have been happy to have a heavenly son. So after that, since Mary had been married to the Lord, Jesus was born from our heavenly father.

Prophets have taught us because of the Bible and Jesus himself, they taught the word before the Bible was written and it was handed down generation by generation. So the prophets taught through handed down stories and God talking to them. 

Understanding that God spoke to prophets makes me feel the holy spirit and how people are blessed when Jesus is watching over us. He brings us joy which cleans our spirits. First we have to read the bible to clean our spirits.


When we read the bible and we feel the holy spirit we know we are blessed and we are like super heroes who can do anything through God’s love. If you look at a glass of water, you will see it's nice and clear. That's our heart when we are filled with the holy spirit.