Friday, September 11

Remembering September 11

As this anniversary rolls around each year, I think about where I was then like everyone else does. I looked back at my blog archives to see if I'd ever written up where I was that day. I still get teary remembering the collective emotions of that time. Seeing military uniforms regularly here on bases always reminds me of that day at the Pentagon. Knowing that many here have been or are going to theaters of our War on Terror, it makes me proud of them, disappointed in how our government has handled aspect of it, sad for their families, and hopeful.

I always feel compelled to check in with my coworker Mary who was with me that morning. I hope I get to call her today. Time zones mess with my best intentions to keep in touch.


Here's where I was then . . .