Tuesday, October 7

Tagged

My favorite "international" roommate from BYU tagged me and I had just been thinking I needed to blog tonight. I was trying to figure out why I haven't been blogging lately and it wasn't hard to come up with an answer. Sitting at the computer is simply not comfortable w/ this pregnant belly and diminishing lap for the laptop! I typically blog in the evenings but I've been reading instead because it takes no creativity and can be done laying down. Ryan's been enjoying his post season Red Sox and so my reading and his games fit nicely into our evenings lately.

This was supposed to be a list of 8 for each item. I just did my best and feel like I've succeeded because there is a blog for you to read. :)

Things I am Passionate About:
- Learning (reading/listening to audio books/classes)
- Feeling like I understand who people really are
- Working on family relationships – my little family takes more time than I ever imagined, but it’s so worth it!
- The health care system and government are truly sucking us dry!
- The current availability of abortion on demand for any reason throughout entire pregnancies and government funding of it truly bothers me! How can this be okay? We can do better for mothers, their babies, and their families! Solution: Education, Legislation, Political Action.
- The following statement from The Family: A Proclamation to the World: "Children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony, and to be reared by a father and a mother who honor marital vows with complete fidelity. Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities." I don't mean to be preachy, but can you imagine how many broken hearts and world problems would not be issues if everyone could come from an intact family where they were loved and raised on these principles?

Words or Phrases I Say Often:
- Good Grief!
- Stop teasing your brother or you’ll be in time-out!
- Will you bring me a diaper and the wipes?
- UGH! What should we have for dinner?!
- Hey cute boy!
- I feel HUGE!

Things I Want To Do Before I Die:
- Live or travel abroad – hopefully to each continent
- Serve a full time mission
- Serve regularly in a temple
- See my kids grow up and thrive in the gospel and their own families

Things I Have Learned From My Past:
- Only with closest family do I easily get defensive – I need to chill out and listen more w/o so much emotion
- Every experience I have is a chance for growth and ultimately for my good
- My Heavenly Father and Savior both know me, love me, and are always near - I just need to turn to them more often, more quickly
- Pretending to be a puppy sniffing the ground with my nose to the carpet can truly give a nasty rug burn on said nose and leave an interesting scar that recedes with time thank goodness!
- Paying tithing and staying out of debt are the two wisest financial decisions one can make!
- Surround yourself and keep friends who help you be a better person

Places I Would Love To See:
- Sunrises/sunsets on a tropical beach
- Meander through European cities and countryside
- Return to the Holy Land
- The inside of the Salt Lake Temple
- Taj Mahal
- South America
- Asia

Things I Currently Need or Want:
- To be able to make ends meet w/o feeling the pinch
- To be free of ulcerative colitis and eat all the gluten I WANT!
- More patience in the evenings
- A chef and maid at least one day a week
- A minivan, but at this moment just having a second family car would do nicely!
- The energy and diligence to follow-through on promptings to thank/show appreciation or reach out to others
- Someone to decorate and style me and my home on the cheap
- More of Janette’s cream of pumpkin soup or Julie’s broccoli/cheese/potato soup and tomorrow’s the day!
- Edy’s or Baskin Robin’s Jamoca Almond Fudge ice cream

People I tag:
- All my bloggin' friends